Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer break lifts my spirits

My first week of Summer break has been just what I wanted! Training one-on-one, boot camps, challenge parties and taking my training to the next level. It is so nice to spend an unlimited amount of time in the gym!

Yesterday, Janina and I went to Burlington to spend an hour practising posing with IFBB pro Mindi O'Brien. It was fun to work with such a seasoned athlete, and it sparked my interest in perhaps training for a fitness competition in the fall. I would have to make the choice to not train for any half or full marathons though, so that's something to think about.... She told us that Janina looks right on track for her July 7th show!

I feel a dramatic shift in my personality when I get to UTC, or when I am discussing fitness and nutrition. It is what makes me happy! When I am commuting to school, or plans fall through, or something doesn't go my way, sometimes I get so full of anxiety it takes me 10 minutes to realize that every muscle in my body is tense, or my face looks extremely angry. It has taken a real conscious effort on my part to not internalize the things I cannot control. I've gotten in the habit of having quick little pep talks with myself when I find I am holding all of that tension. It goes something like this lol......

Alli 1: "Alli why are you upset right now"
Alli 2: "I'm upset because xxxxxxx happened..."
Alli 1: "Ok, is anyone else affected by this?"
Alli 2: "No, just me"
Alli 1: "What are the steps you are going to take to solve this problem?"
Alli 2: "I am going to do ABC..."
Alli 1: "...and then what's going to happen"
Alli 2: "Everything will be solved, and I will forget about it in a week"

Ok so reading that I might sound silly but seriously, when I take a deep breath and tell myself to just let it go, I immediately feel better physically and mentally.

For the record, since school has been out I have not felt that way! It's so nice getting to choose where and when I spend my time. Working at the gym and working from home has been fantastic, and I feel so blessed that working has never truly felt like the "working" life I came to dread when I was at a desk job. While I know there will always be stressors in life, I am grateful to be in charge of two great businesses... setting my own hours and doing what I want!

Have you ever thought about starting a business? Here are some things to think about if you've been toying with the idea.

You are ready to start your own health/fitness/wellness business if:

* You would like to work without a boss

* Enjoy Health, Wellness and Fitness!

* You have financial goals for yourself, and could spend a few extra hours a week working towards financial freedom

* You are tired of trading your hours for dollars

* You love helping other achieve goals and feel accomplished in their lives.

* Want to set your own hours!

* You believe that you should enjoy your job, and that it shouldn't feel like work!

* You are a self starter and a go getter!

* You love the idea of taking on a challenge

To find out more on the Company that I choose to spend my spare time and passion with, send me an email allison@acaintraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment